Intro to Piano Group Class
Learn the basics of playing the piano in a fun group setting on Saturday mornings. Students will learn rhythm, note reading, scales, and chords, with the goal of performing in a recital.
Students must have a keyboard or piano at home to practice between classes. Learn more about instrument rentals.
Day & Time
Saturdays, 10:00 – 11:00 AM
Spring 2023 Session (6 weeks)
Mar 18, Mar 25, Apr 1, Apr 15, Apr 22, Apr 29
(No class Apr 8, Spring Break)
Beginners, no experience necessary
Under the guidance of the CMS Health & Safety Committee of the Board of Directors, CMS continues to mitigate the spread of COVID-19 as outlined in our Health & Safety Plan:
- Properly Fitted Masks are Encouraged: For the safety of our students, teachers, and staff, everyone (age 2 and older) is encouraged to wear a tight-fitting mask at all times in the building. Masks are required in certain situations:
- Voice students and teachers, and students and teachers of brass instruments are required to wear face masks during their lessons, and they must use bell covers wherever possible.
- Check-In & Wash Your Hands: CMS will provide hand sanitizer at check-in. Please use it and wash your hands in the restroom before your lesson.
- Parent Waiting Area: Parents may wait in the entry lobby during their student’s lesson or, with teacher approval, may join their student in the lesson studio.
- Cleaning/Filtration: Studios are equipped with fresh makeup air ducts and ultraviolet light filters or a MedifyAir air purifier with HEPA and UV filtration. Surfaces are cleaned and disinfected regularly.
- IF YOU ARE SICK: Remember, if you are scheduled for an in-person lesson and are sick or may have had a COVID exposure, do not come to the building.
- There are no individual makeups for group classes, but a virtual option may be possible during the regular class time.
Payment is required to register. If applying for financial aid, please submit your financial aid application before registering.