Work With Us
Part-Time Music Teacher
If you are a music education professional and believe in providing the opportunity and inspiration for anyone in our diverse community to achieve excellence in music education and appreciate the transformative power of music, then we would love to talk with you. All musical specialties are welcome to apply.
- K-8 Group Teacher for After School Programs in Allentown public schools (proficiency in guitar, keyboard, ukuele, drumming, and vocals required, experience in Modern Band, a plus) Immediate opening for Tuesday & Thursday afternoons.
- Piano Teacher (must accompany)
- Provide quality music instruction on a given instrument in a positive and professional learning environment
- Develop and implement an individualized curriculum to motivate students to succeed, encourage positive habits, and develop well-rounded musicians
- Work at a variety of levels teaching different musical skills to individuals or groups of all ages
- Teach instrumental techniques, scales, sight reading, music theory, and self-expression through music
- Prepare students for music evaluations, auditions, and recitals
- Attend regular faculty meetings and maintain clear communications with students, parents, and administration via phone, email, and online scheduling and billing system
- Complete regular online evaluations of student progress
- Piano teachers must also be able to accompany students of other instruments for recitals
- Saturday morning availability a plus
Location: Online and 1544 Hamilton Street, Allentown, PA 18102
Position: Type: Part time, employee
Salary Level: Varies by experience
Approximate Hours Per Week: Based on student demand and availability
Work Authorization: US Citizen, Permanent Resident
Desired Skills: Proficiency in given instrument(s), ability to work flexibly and independently with a diverse student base
Degree Level: Bachelor’s degree in music education, music performance, or related field
Required Languages: English is required, Spanish is a plus
Requested Document Notes: Due to regular contact with children under 18, CMS requires all faculty and staff to maintain current PA Education or PA Dept of Human Services & Child Welfare clearances and complete regular mandated reporter training. If available, please include copies of your clearances with your application: Child Abuse History Clearance (CY113), Pennsylvania State Police Criminal Record Checks for Employment (SPA-164), Federal Bureau of Investigation (FBI) Fingerprinting (Service Name: Employee >=14 Years Contact w/ Children. Information on clearances can be obtained online here: http://keepkidssafe.pa.gov/resources/clearances/index.htm
How to Apply
Please email resume and cover letter describing your education, qualifications, and why you would be an asset to Community Music School to email@example.com. Applications without a cover letter will not be considered.
ANNUAL BRUNCH COMMITTEE
Help plan our biggest fundraising event of the year.
JOIN THE BOARD OF DIRECTORS
Join a diverse group of local professionals and community leaders.
MUSICAL INSTRUMENT PETTING ZOO
Help others try out a variety of instruments at community events.
Prepare refreshments for recital receptions and assist with clean-up.
PHOTO & VIDEO RECORDING
Capture our talented students and faculty as they perform.
OFFICE SPECIAL PROJECTS
Help with behind-the-scene tasks as-needed.