Financial aid is available to those who qualify, based on family need. In addition, CMS awards a limited number of merit-based scholarships to selected students.
• Need-based aid is determined by a sliding scale, taking into account all household income, including social security, welfare, Medicaid, child support, etc.
• Merit-based scholarships are determined by an independent panel of judges in the spring of each year. See Gala Recital Auditions for more information.
• The student’s first lesson (“interview lesson”) is at the regular lesson rate and must be paid in full at the time of scheduling, regardless of the student’s intention to apply for financial aid.
• Students must reapply each year and provide updated documentation of income.
• No Financial Aid or Scholarships will be granted for the school year without these completed forms and documentation of current income.
• All new documentation is due on or before August 1 for the coming school year in September; otherwise, the regular tuition will be charged beginning in September.
• Annual Registration Fee: Financial aid does not apply to the annual registration fee. This fee must be paid by the first lesson.
Individual/Family Annual Registration Fee = $45, Group only = $20
• There are no additional discounts for students receiving financial aid.
• All students must show satisfactory progress in technical exercises and repertoire with positive evaluations by the teacher. Students are required to attend all lessons; arrive before the scheduled lesson time, and bring all appropriate materials.
• CMS reserves the right to discontinue financial aid for any student at any time due to lack of interest, repeated absences, behavior problems, tardiness, or delinquency in tuition payments.
• In the event of an unexcused absence, if the student or parent/guardian fails to notify the CMS office as required, financial aid will be suspended and the regular rate will apply to that lesson.
• If your financial situation improves, we ask that you please notify us as soon as possible so that we may help another deserving student discover the magic of music.
Documentation of income is required to apply for financial aid. Include all sources of income for every person in your family or household. Please attach copies of each of the following documents that apply to your situation:
• Federal Income Tax (IRS Form 1040) (full & complete copy) • SSI Letter • Child Support • Other